Take advantage of the move and have a good sort out. Sell or give away things you no longer require and don’t forget to go through your garage or shed. As soon as you have a move date agreed with your solicitor, arrange a removal company – talk to a few and consider the options before making a decision. Make sure the removal company is available on the day you want – bear in mind that Fridays are the most popular day to move, so removals firms may be booked up for a few weeks in advance.Book some time off work. If you are doing the packing yourself, order / collect packing boxes and start getting things boxed up – if you need to put anything into storage, make sure these boxes are clearly marked.Make a list of who you need to notify about your change of address and also check with the Post Office about getting your mail redirected (they will tell you how much notice they need).About a month before the move, you should notify your bank and credit card providers, and insurance company.Contact utility companies about your move to your new property.
House removal activities - the week before
- Dismantle self-assembly furniture, unless your removal company is doing this for you
- If you are doing your own packing start now
- Start cleaning your home for the new occupants
- Cancel newspapers and any other home delivery services
- Make plans for your children and pets – can someone look after them for you whilst you move? If not, how can you keep them entertained and safe whilst you’re busy unpacking?
- Arrange for professional disconnection of kitchen appliances, including the washing machine
- Arrange to have the gas, electricity, telephone and water meters read
- Start running down your freezer
- Empty the loft, unless your removers have agreed to do it for you
- Dismantle sheds, greenhouses etc, unless you’re leaving them at the property
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers / motor cycles
- Remove any fixtures you are taking with you
- If you are moving in or out of a block of flats, arrange to have use of the manual override key or priority use of the lift.
Removals Weymouth, Removals Portland, Removals Dorchester, Man & Van Weymouth, Man With A Van Weymouth, House Removals Weymouth, Flat Removals Weymouth, Mr Move It Weymouth, Removal Company Weymouth, Removals Weymouth, House Clearance Weymouth, Cheap Removals Weymouth, Van Hire Weymouth, Removal Services Weymouth,Man & Van Service Weymouth